|Abbreviation: AKV||Load: 45(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||doc. dr. sc. Neven Alujević
|Course description: Course objectives:
1. Introduce students to basic methods for active vibration control.
2. Introduce students to principal elements of a system for vibration control of a structure.
3. Train students for stability analysis of a velocity feedback loop.
4. Train students to synthetize simple systems for active vibration control and analysis of their performance.
Enrolment requirements and required entry competences for the course:
Either attendance of lectures or completing an individual assignment (project).
Grading and evaluation of student work over the course of instruction and at a final exam:
Depending on the number of enrolled students, the evaluation and assessment of their work will be implemented through either 2 colloquia, or through a written exam, or through an individual assignment with an oral exposition.
Methods of monitoring quality that ensure acquisition of exit competences :
Implementation of student polls including the evaluation of professors and lectures.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to (learning outcomes):
Students will be able to:
1. Compare sensors and actuators for active vibration control.
2. Explain the basic physics behind the active vibration control in lumped parameter mechanical systems.
3. Describe the principle of operation of velocity feedback loops.
4. Analyse the stability of a simple active vibration isolator.
5. Synthetize a simple active vibration isolator
6. Optimise an active vibration isolator and compare it with an optimised passive vibration isolator.
Introduction to active vibration control
Passive vs. active vibration control.
Active vibration control techniques: feedforward and feedback.
Equations of motion of lumped parameter mechanical systems.
Frequency response functions of a system with collocated sensor-actuator pairs.
Mechanical systems with distributed parameters.
Sensors, actuators and active structures.
Proof-mass voice coil actuator.
Active damping with collocated sensor-actuator pairs.
Active vibration isolation.
Active systems stability.
The performance of the active vibration isolator.
Optimisation of vibration control systems.
|1. ||A. Preumont. Vibration Control of Active Structures, An Introduction, 2nd edition, KLUWER ACADEMIC PUBLISHERS, 2004.
|2. ||Christopher R. Fuller; Stephen Elliott; P. A. Nelson. Active Control of Vibration, Academic Press, September 1997