|Reliability of Testing Methods
|Abbreviation: POISPMET||Load: 30(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||doc. dr. sc. Morana Mihaljević
prof. dr. sc. Damir Markučič
prof. dr. sc. Biserka Runje
|Course description: Course objectives:
1.Introduce students with quantitative and semiquantitative testing methods that provide insight into the component integrity with a certain credibility of test/measurement results. 2. Interconnect the concept of PoD (Probability of Detection) with the ability of certain test methods for anomaly detection. 3. Adoption procedure for characterization of detected indication parameters and imperfections regarding to the measurement uncertainty of obtained result.
Enrolment requirements and required entry competences for the course:
Attending the exercises (three abstentions are permitted) Attending the lectures (three abstentions are permitted) Writing a seminar Passing the examination by way of passing two preliminary exams (or a final written examination) and an oral exam .
Grading and evaluation of student work over the course of instruction and at a final exam:
50 % written exam / colloquium 50 % seminar
Methods of monitoring quality that ensure acquisition of exit competences:
In order to have continuous monitoring of quality performance of the Course an anonymous, simple and quick questionnaires of student"s opinion will be preformed by use of module Moodle application Question. The readiness of students to other forms of engagement will be analyzed (research, discussion, development projects, etc.) At the end, the quality of Course will be assessed through University questionnaire that student fulfills online, through the ISVU system, in order to evaluate work of teachers and the attractiveness of topics.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to (learning outcomes):
1. Introduction to quantitative and semiquantitative nondestructive testing (NDT) methods.
2. Possibility of application, advantages and disadvantages of certain nondestructive methods. Elements and characteristic parameters of quantitative NDT methods.
3. Theoretical basics of semiquantitative NDT methods. Influencing parameters in the process of implementation of semiquantitative NDT methods.
4. Specificity of the application of quantitative NDT methods.
5. Indication / flaw measurement methods.
6. Probability of detection and reliability of the test. Acceptance criteria.
7. Nondestructive testing and measuring equipment. Traceability of test and measuring equipment for NDT.
9. Analysis of NDT performance using a Cause and effect diagram.
10. Measurement uncertainty evaluation of quantitative nondestructive testing methods.
11. Measurement system quality evaluation.
12. Methods for evaluating measurement uncertainty in complex measurement systems.
13. Methods for evaluating measurement uncertainty in complex measurement systems.
14. Impact of the quality of the measurement system on process capability assessment.
15. Results validation.
1. Getting acquainted with equipment for quantitative NDT methods.
2. Getting acquainted with equipment for semiquantitative NDT methods.
3. Work with an ultrasonic measuring / test system.
4. Work with the test / measurement system of computed radiography.
5. Independent implementation of semiquantitative NDT methods.
6. Examples of indication / flaw estimates.
7. Independent implementation of the test and analysis of the performance of detection of indications and flaws with respect to the acceptance criteria.
8. Ensure traceability of the tests on the given samples.
9. Development of the Cause and effect diagram for the given test / measurement system.
10. Measurement uncertainty evaluation of given testing/measurement system.
11. GR&R: assessesment of the gage variation, average and range method, analysis of variance (ANOVA).
12. Measurement uncertainty evaluation by GUM and PUMA methods.
13. Measurement uncertainty evaluation by MCS method.
14. Calculation of process capability indices.
15. Conducting of comparative measurements. En factor calculation.
|1. ||1. EA-04/15 Accreditation For Non-DestructiveTesting
|2. ||2. JCGM 100: 2008: Vrednovanje mjernih podataka - Uputa za iskazivanje mjerne
|3. ||nesigurnosti, 2008
|4. ||3. NATA Non-destructive Testing ISO/IEC 17025 Application Document
|5. ||4. EA-4/07 Sljedivost mjerne i ispitne opreme prema nacionalnim etalonima