|Photogrammetry and Visualization of Objects
|Abbreviation: FOVIOB-I||Load: 30(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||prof. dr. sc. Damir Semenski
|Lecturers: ||dr. sc. Frane Pamuković
|Course description: Course objectives:
Creating a system of knowledge required for analyzing and solving the engineering problems in the field of photogrammetry. Based on the principles of 3D scanning, shape analysis and image processing software, students will determine how to apply the methods of visualization objects in biomechanics, robotics and industrial quality control.
Enrolment requirements and required entry competences for the course:
There are no requirements.
Regular attendance and participation in class, seminar work.
Grading and evaluation of student work over the course of instruction and at a final exam:
Student has achieved a positive score if he attended classes regularly (10%) participated in laboratory work (20%), made a seminar work (50%) and satisfy the oral testing of knowledge (20%).
Methods of monitoring quality that ensure acquisition of exit competences:
Implementation of student polls including the evaluation of professors and lectures.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to (learning outcomes):
to apply the principles of photogrammetry;
to set the elements of the optical setup;
photogrammetric shooting by digital cameras;
to digitally process the scanned image;
to combine objectoriented and projection photogrammetric procedures;
to perform measurements of displacements on mechanical parts and processing of measurement results;
to form, analyze and manipulate a cloud of points;
to generate virtual models in CAD systems;
To connect the methods of reverse engineering and rapid prototyping.
1. Introduction, definition of photogrammetry
2. Basis of optics, elements of optical setups
3. Image scanning, digital image processing basics, digital cameras
4. Basics of optical systems, stereoscopic observations
5. Object oriented photogrammetric procedures
6. Projection based photogrammetrical procedures
7. Surface displacements and strain measurements
8. 3D scanning procedures
9. Formation and analysis of the cloud of points
10. Surface reconstructions
11. Volume reconstructions
12. 3D model analysis
13. Procedures of application of 3D scanning in biomechanics, quality control and robotics
14. Integration of 3D scanner into the CAD systems, virtual models
15. Rapid prototyping
1. Practice in technical applications of photogrammetry
2. Optical setups
3. Scanning, digital image processing, principles of digital camera operations
4. Basics of stereoscopic image acquisition
5. Demonstration and practice the object oriented photogrammetric procedures
6. Demonstration and practice the projection based procedures
7. Surface displacements and strain measurements and measuring results analysis
8. 3D scanning application
9. Cloud of points manipulation
10. Surface reconstruction based on cloud of points
11. Volume reconstruction for a given object
12. 3D model analysis application
13. 3D scanning applications in biomechanics, quality control and robotics
14. Formation and analysis of virtual models
15. Illustration of possibilities of rapid prototyping
|1. ||Kraus, K., Fotogrametrija, Zagreb-Sarajevo, 2005.; Baum, F.: Fotogrametrija, Tehnička encikloedija 5, 1976, 583-597.
|2. ||Wahl, F. M.: Digitale Bildsignalverarbeitung, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1989.
|3. ||Kobayasi, A. S.: Handbook of Experimental Mechanics, New York, 1993.
|4. ||http: //books.google.hr/books?id=sjP-IvYCYkQC&printsec=frontcover&dq=photogrammetry&hl=hr&sa=X&ei=bgkhT5TYFoSr-gb34qHMCA&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=photogrammetry&f=false
|5. ||http: //books.google.hr/books?id=HLZ-abpzGCoC&printsec=frontcover&dq=photogrammetry&hl=hr&sa=X&ei=bgkhT5TYFoSr-gb34qHMCA&ved=0CEoQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=photogrammetry&f=false
|6. ||http: //books.google.hr/books?id=Y8OUNVOFfNoC&printsec=frontcover&dq=photogrammetry&hl=hr&sa=X&ei=bgkhT5TYFoSr-gb34qHMCA&ved=0CD4Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=photogrammetry&f=false