|Human Resource Management
|Abbreviation: MENLJUPO||Load: 30(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||prof. dr. sc. Nedeljko Štefanić
|Lecturers: ||dr. sc. Miro Hegedić
Lectures, Exercises, Laboratory exercises
dr. sc. Nataša Tošanović
Exercises, Laboratory exercises
|Course description: Course objectives:
Human resource management is a key function and responsibility of every manager. The objective of this course is to introduce students to this area tasks and activities, strategic planning, employees´ structure and needs planning, education and creating appropriate atmosphere at work and in the environment.
Enrolment requirements and required entry competences for the course:
Attending lectures and exercises Completing homework assignments 2 Completing seminar paper 1
Grading and evaluation of student work over the course of instruction and at a final exam:
Test 1 30%, Test 2 30% or final exam 60% Homeworks 10% Seminar 20 % Oral exam 10%
Methods of monitoring quality that ensure acquisition of exit competences:
Knowledge verification by 2 tests. Continuous monitoring of participation in class and through homeworks.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to (learning outcomes):
Analyze the role and importance of human resource management functions in the enterprise Make a plan for managing own career Apply the methods of human resources management for attracting and selecting job candidates Present own views of the topic Can participate in team work and decision making Conduct a selection process of new employees in the company Identify different types of employee behavior Create a table of employee performance Apply the methods of human resources to increase creativity Prepare a presentation of case studies of human resources in individual companies
1. Human resource management tasks and activities. Management environment
2. Change resistance and change managementthe change management system
3. Strategic management and managers
4. Strategic human resource management
5. Globalization and human resource management
6. Human resource planning in a company
7. Managerial functions. Management types. Mamagement styles
8. Groups and gruop management. Group characteristics and size
9. Corporative culture. Modern trends in corporative culture
10. Career development and education in a company. Continious education strategic paln
11. Advancement systems
12. Productivity and motivation. Motivation theory
13. Creativity and creative techniques. Creativity and company
14. Creativity development techniques for managers and employees
15. Performance appraisal techniques
1. Influence circles
2. Lewin´s model of change management
3. Managerial tasks and activities
4. Company´s mission and objectives
5. Strategies of human resource management in a company
6. Development of human resource management strategy for a specific company
7. Test 1
8. Management styles in practice
9. Formal and informal groups
10. Education of managers
11. Succes and advancement
12. Theory X and theory Y
14. Gordon´s technique
15. Test 2
|1. ||Bahtijarević - Šiber, F.: Management ljudskih potencijala,Golden marketing, Zagreb, 1999.
|2. ||F.B.Šiber, P.Sikavica: Leksikon menadžmenta, Masmedia, Zagreb, 2001.
|3. ||Marušić, S.: Upravljanje ljudskim potencijalima,Adeco,Zagreb,2001.
|4. ||R.G. Schroeder: Upravljanje proizvodnjom, Mate, Zagreb, 2001.
|5. ||Dragan Čović: Inventivnost tima, Grafotisak, Grude, 2003.
|6. ||P.Sikavica, M.Novak: Poslovna organizacija, Informator, Zagreb, 1999.
|7. ||D.Tipurić: Konkurentska sposobnost poduzeća, Sinergija, Zagreb, 1999.
|8. ||P.Sikavica, Bahtijarević-Šibert, Pološki-Vokić Nina - Temelji menadžmenta, Školska knjiga, 2008.
|9. ||R.Noe, J.R.Hollenbeck, B.Gernart, P.M.Wright: Menedžment ljudskih potencijala, Mate, Zagreb, 2006
|Recommended literature: - - -