|Abbreviation: HIDPOG||Load: 30(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||izv. prof. dr. sc. Milan Kostelac
|Lecturers: || Petra Bonačić Bartolin mag. ing. mech.
|Course description: Course objectives:
Introduction to features, calculation methods, working principles and selection of elements of hydraulic drives elements used in transportation machines mechanisms and other mobile machines and equipment. Design of simple hydraulic systems.
Enrolment requirements and required entry competences for the course:
There are no conditions
Attendance to lectures and exercises
Grading and evaluation of student work over the course of instruction and at a final exam:
Activity in the classroom questioning: 5%. Colloquium: 65%. Oral exam: 30%.
Methods of monitoring quality that ensure acquisition of exit competences:
Questioning during the lectures and exercises
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to (learning outcomes):
Identify the category and the type of hydraulic systems with associated components,
Explain the principle of individual components with elements of the calculation,
Give examples of possible solutions for individual components, devices and functional units,
Compare the individual performance of hydraulic components,
Suggest some technical solutions to incurred problems,
Choose a technical solution,
Draw a diagram of hydraulic installations.
1. Introduction: basic types, meanings and role of hydraulic drives in transport machines mechanisms and other mobile constructions. Fluid oil as medium for transfer of energy in hydraulic systems.
2. Hydraulic oil: types, physical characteristics: compressibility, density, viscosity, temperature of application, stability, environmental protection, recycling.
3. Basics of hydraulic calculations Bernoulli equation, types of flow, losses and damping in pipelines. Hydraulic pipelines, types of constructions, types of connections.
4. Hydraulic pumps and hydro motors, types of construction, characteristics, field of application, control calculation with selection of type.
5. Hydraulic cylinders: linear and rotational motors, types of constructions, basics of check calculation.
6. Sealing: basics of sealing with and without contact, materials and their characteristics, basic types.
7. Hydraulic dividers: principles of operation, basic types, connection types, mobile dividers. Pressure valves: pressure regulators, reaction valves, onoff valves. Flow valves: damping valves, non return valves.
8. Proportional and servo valves: introduction, basic principles of operation and application.
9. Hydraulic equipment: filters, hydro accumulators, pressure switches, pressure gauge, types of containers, heat exchanger, optional electrical elements.
10. Exploitation of hydraulic systems: stationary and mobile hydraulics: maintenance, filtration. Design of hydro aggregate and selection of the mobile hydraulics elements.
11. Basics of hydraulic systems design: standards, symbols, types of construction and functional schemes of drive with manipulation structures.
12. Basics of pneumatic drives: Basic applications of pneumatic drives in transportation mechanisms, basic physical characteristics of compressed air.
13. Basics of pneumatic systems
14. Application of hydraulic and pneumatic elements in mobile technology: mobile cranes, lifting platforms, fork trucks, elevators, cranes, construction machines.
15. Examination and control of hydraulic and pneumatic systems, maintenance of system.
1. Construction exercises: analysis of hydraulic systems use.
2. Basics of calculation for hydraulic pipes and cylinders.
3. Basics of calculation and selection of hydro motors, hydro pumps etc. Elements of hydraulic drives.
4. Basics of calculation and selection of other elements of the hydraulic system distribution valves, pressure regulator, damping valves, hydro accumulators.
5. Hydraulic cylinders, types of construction, application, manufacturers.
6. Sealing types of construction, application and manufacturers. Assignment of task.
7. Explanation of task. Consultations.
8. Schemes of hydraulic drives, symbols used for elements presentation. Standards in hydraulic drives design.
9. Selfgoverning of the calculation and task. Consultations.
10. Visit to service workshop or workshop for hydraulic transport equipment (Kurelja, Tehnomehanika, etc.).
11. Selfgoverning of the calculation and task. Consultations.
12. Selfgoverning of the calculation and task. Consultations.
13. Selfgoverning of the calculation and task. Consultations.
14. Selfgoverning of the calculation and task. Consultations.
15. Preliminary exam, presentation of construction task.
|1. ||H. Ebertshauser, S. Helduser, Fluidtechnik von A bis Z, Vereinigte Fachverlage, Mainz, 1995.
|2. ||Der Hydraulik Trainer, Band 1, 2, 3, Mannesmann Rexroth GmbH, Lohr am Main
|3. ||D. Savić, Uljna hidraulika, MF Zenica, 1998.
|Recommended literature: - - -