|Technical Information Systems
|Abbreviation: TIS||Load: 30(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||prof. dr. sc. Nenad Bojčetić
|Lecturers: ||prof. dr. sc. Nenad Bojčetić
|Course description: Course objectives:
To introduce the functionality and implementation of the PDM and PLM systems in the companies. Similarities, differences and scope of usage of the Document Management, Product Data Management, Product Licecycle Management, Enterprise Resource Management systems. Description of the functionality and application of the Customer Resource Management, Project Management, Change Management, Configuration Management systems.
Enrolment requirements and required entry competences for the course:
Course Information data models completition. Knowledge of one CAD application.
Regular lecture attendance. Involvement in work using elearning system Involvement in discussions during lectures. Completion of the seminar work.
Grading and evaluation of student work over the course of instruction and at a final exam:
Activity during lectures 20% Seminar work 40% Oral exam 40%
Methods of monitoring quality that ensure acquisition of exit competences:
Seminar work presentation and discussion about the presentation and the work.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to (learning outcomes):
Student will be able to explain the role and the importance of the PDM and PLM systems. Student will be able explain the difference among PDM, DM and PLM systems. Student will be able to describe scope of usage particular subsystems of the PDm/PL system. Student will list enablers and blockers in product data management implementation process.
1. Introduction. The role of the technical information system in the company. The basic terms. PDM. ERP
2. The basic functionality of PDM system: product structure and structure information, components and documents managing in the product life cycle.
3. The basic functionality of PDM system: workflow manager, project manager
4. The additional functionality of PDM system: the integration between the PDM and CAD systems, components and library standardization, knowledge management in the product development process.
5. The additional functionality of PDM system: the managing the product configurations, engineering changes management
6. Preliminary exam. Data model designer. The class coposition. Hierarchical and logical links, User forms, masks and lookup tables. Class references.
7. The computer model of the PDM system
8. The basic functionality of PDM system: resource planning, production
9. The basic functionality of PDM system: client management
10. Implementation of the technical information systems in the company. Business process and information flow analysis.
11. Ebusiness and virtual company. The concepts and architecture.
12. Methods and tools to support virtual business.
13. The usage of the new computer technologies for definition of the virtual company infrastructure. The integration of the engineering applications. The integration of the business partners. Portals.
14. Presentations of student work (with discussion and evaluation).
15. Presentations of student work (with discussion and evaluation).
1. Introduce to the working environment of the PDM system. Project creation. Information search and data carriers.
2. Life cycle management of the data carriers. File exchange of the data carriers. Data carriers status.
3. The integration of objects between the PDM systems, CAD applications and Office applications. Work with the predefined workflow tasks and documents.
4. Data model designer, Hierarchical tree and attributes of the objects and classes.
5. Creation of the information data model.
6. User and group definition. Dana import/export. Life cycle parameters
7. Workflow tasks and documents definition. The integration between the ERP and PDM systems. Upgrade and customization of the system.
8. Student"s individual assignments. Assignment analysis, discussion.
9. Making a student project with consultation with an assistant.
10. Making a student project with consultation with an assistant.
11. Making a student project with consultation with an assistant.
12. Making a student project with consultation with an assistant.
13. Making a student project with consultation with an assistant.
14. Student presentation and evaluation
15. Student presentation and evaluation
|1. ||J. Duhovnik; J. Tavčar: "Elektronsko poslovanje in tehnični informacijski sistemi"; LECAD, Univerza v Ljubljani; 2000.
|2. ||Rodger Burden, PDM: Product Data Management, ISBN-10: 0970035225, ISBN-13: 978-0970035226, Resource Publishing (May 19, 2003)
|Recommended literature: - - -