|Sociology of Croatian Society 1
|Abbreviation: SOCBO124||Load: 0(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||doc. dr. sc. Andreja Sršen
|Course description: Sociology of Croatian Society 1 is the first of five steps during the whole of the study that is directed to acquiring knowledge (accomplishments) on the structures and processes within the Croatian society, from the sociological standpoint. From this basic thesis follow elementary objectives:
1. Give students knowledge (accomplishments) on the social structure of the Croatian society and the processes unfolding within this structure, since 1990 to the present moment
2. Give students knowledge (accomplishments) and insights on the dominant processes in the Croatian society, from 1990 to the present moment.
3. Elaborate forms of social disintegration, vertical (social strata) as well as horizontal (regions and micro-regions of Croatia) - on this occasion explain specially:
a. the phenomenon of corruption as a destroyer of every society, and so the Croatian society;
b. development trends of the quality of life in Croatia and the process of massive impoverishment of people within the Croatian society, in modern neo-liberal, planetary political and economic context, and
c. processes of weakening of the human production substance of the Croatian society, from 1990 up to the present moment.
4. Introduce the students with historical and present Croatian regions;
5. Give empirical knowledge on the relation of the centre and periphery in Croatia;
6. Elaborate the concept and practice of the Croatian social identity, and give them knowledge on the topic - Globalisation disrupts local identity;
7. Give knowledge on the topic - Political sustainability as inwardly shaped identity (example Croatia).
|1. ||Zoran Malenica: Ogledi o hrvatskom društvu - Prilog sociologiji hrvatskog društva, Golden Marekting - Tehnička knjiga, Zagreb, 2007.;
|2. ||Ivan Rogić i Maja Štambuk: Duge sjene periferije, Prinos revitalizaciji hrvatskog ruba, Institut društvenih znanosti Ivo Pilar, Zagreb, 1998, Biblioteka zbornici, knjiga 4.;
|3. ||Časopis Društvena istraživanja 1 /1992, Tematski broj: Država, regije, regionalni razvoj, Zagreb, Institut društvenih znanosti Ivo Pilar, Zagreb, 1992.;
|4. ||Vladimir Lay i Dražen Šimleša: Nacionalni interesi razvoja Hrvatske kroz prizmu koncepta održivog razvoja, Institut Pilar, Zagreb, 2012.;
|5. ||Mirko Marković, Hrvatske pokrajine, Jesenski Turk, Zagreb, 2003.;
|Recommended literature: - - -