|Abbreviation: KROBI044||Load: 15(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||prof. dr. sc. Alojz Jembrih
|Lecturers: ||prof. dr. sc. Alojz Jembrih
|Course description: Course description
Introduce the students to the life and work of Juraj Križanić outside Croatia in the 17th century, mostly in Russia, with his ecumenical activity, with his economic and political work, with his linguistic work, musicological work, his controversial theological work, with his reform of the Russian Cyrillic alphabet.
e-learning level 1
english level 1
Students will learn about Juraj Križanić as a Jesuit student in Graz, later a theologian in Bologna and Rome, his work in Croatia before heading to Russia, his mission work and writing in Russia, individual works in the areas of economy, politics, theology, philosophy, linguistics, and his place and meaning in Croatian historiography.
1. describe the period in which Juraj Križanić lived and worked,
2. present and understand his occupation with missionary work in Russia,
3. analyze, understand and answer the question why does he write various works in exile in Siberia?,
4. analyze and understand his so-called Pan-Slavism with ecumentical undertones
5. analyze and understand his work (Razgovori ob vladateljstvu(,
6. explain and understand his work on Slavic grammar,
7. explain and understand the rest of his works (De providentia Dei(, (Opovrgnuće molbe Solovčana(.
1. Socio-political period in Croatia and Europe at the time of Križanić (1617- 1683).
2. Native origin of Križanić, his education in Ljubljana, Graz, Bologna and Rome.
3. Back in Croatia and work in Nedelisće and Varaždin.
4. Departure of Križanić to Russia and the socio-political situation in Russia at the time.
5. His missionary commitment in the ecumenical sphere.
6. Križanić out of favor and his exile in Siberia.
7. Križanić hired as economic and political writer in Siberia.
8. Slavism of Juraj Križanić.
9. Croatian precursors of Križanić in Russia.
10. Križanić as a controversial theological writer.
11. The economical-political work of Križanić (Razgovori ob vladateljstvu(.
12. Linguistic works of Križanić.
13. Križanić as the first reformer of the Russian Cyrillic alphabet.
14. Križanić as a poet and musicologist.
15. Juraj Križanić in Croatian and Russian historiography.
Class attendence 20%,
Seminar paper 30%,
|1. ||Vatroslav Jagić, Život i rad Jurja Križanića, Zagreb, 1917., 1-487; Život i djelo Jurja Križanića, zbornik, Zagreb, 1974., 7-227; Ivan Golub, Križanić, Kršćanska sadašnjost, Zagreb, 1987., 9-250; Isti: Slavenstvo Jurja Križanića, JAZU, Zagreb, 1983., 5-98; Križanićev doprinos slavenskoj filologiji, zbornik radova III. dio, JAZU, Zagreb, 1990., 1-212; Milan Moguš, Križanićeva hrvatska gramatika, Radovi Zavoda za slavensku filologiju, knj. 19, Zagreb, 1984., 1-96; Juraj Križanić, Politika, Zgb., 1997., 9-417.
|Recommended literature: - - -