|Abbreviation: B35A02||Load: 30(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||prof. dr. sc. Gorana Novaković
|Lecturers: || Igor Grgac MEng Geod. et G
, Field exercises
doc. dr. sc. Ante Marendić
Adopting theoretical and practical knowledge related to the establishment and analysis of the quality of geodetic control for engineering work.
Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
- Understand the role of geodesy, geoinformatics and spatial data in modern world, demonstrate competences in measuring systems, methods and technologies of measurement and spatial data collection.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and physics for the purpose of recognizing, formulating and solving of problems in the field of geodesy and geoinformatics.
- Establish geodetic networks needed in surveying and stake out in order to provide the required quality of the works performed in certain space.
- Exercise appropriate judgments on the basis of performed calculation processing and interpretation of data obtained by means of surveying and its results.
- Prepare official public documents, reports, graphic and cartographic presentations using the surveying results related to the objects in space.
- Communicate the results obtained by means of geodesy and geoinformation to clients and experts of geodetic and other related professions.
- Keep pace with and adopt new technological achievements in the field of surveying, geoinformation systems and services based on the position, and the changes in regulations, norms and standards.
Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course
- Define geodetic works in the design, construction and exploitation of construction objects
- Select geodetic maps and plans for technical projects and analyze their accuracy
- Define geodetic network - geometric and algebraic definition
- Distinguish geodetic control for surveying and geodetic control for engineering tasks
- Define the phases of the establishment of geodetic network (project design, execution, analysis)
- Compare different terrestrial methods for surveying the engineering geodetic control
- Identify and analyze the quality (accuracy) of geodetic control and its elements
- Make a specific connection of engineering geodetic control to existing geodetic control.
Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
- The organization and content of the course. Application of geodesy in engineering tasks. Project planning and project.
- Preliminary design. The main design. Detailed design. Geodetic works in the designing, construction and exploitation of constructions. Geodetic survey project.
- Geodetic maps and plans for projecting. Types of geodetic maps and plans for different phases of surveying projects. The accuracy of geodetic maps and plans in horizontal and vertical means.
- Geodetic control for the design and staking out. The network of points. The network of lines. General and specific characteristics of the networks for staking out.
- Geometric and algebraic definition of geodetic network. Types and methods of surveying engineering geodetic control.
- Phases of establishing the geodetic network. Horizontal networks. The project of the networks - design of the network and measuring plan. Types of geodetic networks for determination the displacements and deformations. Establishment of the network in the field.
- Quality analysis of the geodetic network. Precision and reliability. Microtringulation networks. Accuracy analysis of the triangulation network. Methods of surveying.
- The uncertainty of the measurement of angles in triangulation network. Estimation of the measured angles precision. Uncertainty of other elements in the network. Trilateration network. The uncertainty of the electro-optical distance measurements. The combined network.
- Adjustment of geodetic network. Rigorous adjustment method. Estimation of the positional accuracy of the points and the measured values, after adjustment.
- Traverse networks. Project of traverses. Traverse with respect to the connection. Estimation of the precision of angular and linear measurements in the traverses.
- Impact of measurement uncertainty on individual elements of the traverse - the azimuth and coordinates of traverse points. Adjustment of traverses and polygon networks.
- Network of points determined by the section of the arches. Determination of the approximate coordinates of the point. The network of lines for staking out.
- Vertical control on the construction site. Project of levelling network. Types of benchmarks on the site. Uncertainty of the measurement of height differences by different methods.
- Adjustment of levelling networks. The calculation of accuracy in levelling network.
- Spatial (3D) networks. The basics of satellite positioning. The application for the establishment of engineering geodetic control. Technical report of the project.
Auditory, field and projecting exercises.
Field exercises: the establishment of precise traverse, where the initial direction is determined by connection to the several existing geodetic points.
- Adjustment of traverse (established in the field) and accuracy estimation
- Adjustment of levelling network and accuracy estimation.
Screening student work
- Class attendance - 1.5 ECTS
- Independent work and learning - 1.0
- Oral exam - 1.5 ECTS
- Written exam - 1.0
|1. ||Novaković, G.: Inženjerska geodetska osnova, interna skripta
Novaković, G.: Prezentacija predavanja
|2. ||Janković, M.: Inženjerska geodezija I. Tehnička knjiga, Zagreb, 1982.
|3. ||Uren, J., Price, W. F.: Surveying for Engineers. MacMillan Press Ltd, London, 1992.
|4. ||Möser, M: Handbuch Ingenieurgeodäsie; Grundlagen, Herbert Wichmann Verlag, Hüthig GmbH, Heidelberg, 2000.