|Abbreviation: B12A04||Load: 30(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||prof. dr. sc. Đuro Barković
izv. prof. dr. sc. Mladen Zrinjski
|Lecturers: || Sergej Baričević MEng Geod. et G
izv. prof. dr. sc. Mladen Zrinjski
Acquire knowledge and skills in the organization of field work, the basis of the theory of measurement and computation in plane geodesy. Reconnaissance of the terrain, performing field measurements and processing of measurement data.
Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
- Understand the role of geodesy, geoinformatics and spatial data in modern world, demonstrate competences in measuring systems, methods and technologies of measurement and spatial data collection.
- Demonstrate competences in theoretical principles, procedures of computing and visualising the surveying data.
- Handle geodetic instruments and appropriate measuring equipment properly, and perform geodetic measurements.
- Solve practical tasks in surveying, spatial data collection, real estate evaluation and management.
- Exercise appropriate judgements on the basis of performed calculation processing and interpretation of data obtained by means of surveying and its results.
- Keep pace with and adopt new technological achievements in the field of surveying, geoinformation systems and services based on the position, and the changes in regulations, norms and standards.
Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course
- Define the terms: planar Cartesian coordinate system, geodetic points, geodetic plans and maps and other geodetic documentation.
- Understand and describe of geodetic assignmentsfieldwork, spatial orientation in the field, the detection of existing and setting new points of geodetic networks (reconnaissance of the terrain).
- Create a work plan geodetic assignment, apply and select the geodetic methods and measurement procedures for measuring and predict and determine the value of the potential impacts on the execution of assignments.
- Select the most suitable instruments and accessories for field geodetic measurements according to the required measurement uncertainty, which is defined by specific geodetic assignment.
- Measure the horizontal directions gyrus method, vertical angles in more repetitions and distances of different measurement procedures.
- Measure the horizontal directions and other measurement quantities with eccentric positions for indirectly determining elements eccentricity and apply centering account.
- Define the terms of bearing grid, geodetic azimuth and coordinate differences and apply the basics of computing in Cartesian coordinate system.
- Apply affine transformation of coordinates of points in the plane.
- Measure geodetic measurement quantities and calculate the coordinates of points: intersecting, resecting and intersection of arcs.
- Differentiate terrestrial and satellite methods for determining the coordinates of points according to the criteria of measurement uncertainty.
Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
- Organization of fieldwork. Project assignment - closing the triangle. (2L + 2E)
- Geodetic basis. Project assignment - bearing grid and distance. (2L + 2E)
- Basic theory of measurement. Project assignment - intersecting. (2L + 2E)
- Methods of determining the coordinates of points. Project assignment - resecting. (4L + 4E)
- Methods for measuring angles. Field exercises - preparation and submission of project assignment. (2L + 2E)
- Eccentric measuring angles and centering account. Field exercises - preparation and submission of project assignment. (2L + 2E)
- Basics of computations in a rectangular coordinate system. Field exercises - preparation and submission of project assignment. (2L + 2E)
- Transformations of coordinates. Field exercises - preparation and submission of project assignment. (2L + 2E)
- Intersecting. Field exercises - preparation and submission of project assignment. (2L + 2E)
- Resecting. Field exercises - preparation and submission of project assignment. (2L + 2E)
- Intersection of arcs. Field exercises - preparation and submission of project assignment. (2L + 2E)
- Trigonometric measurement of the height of close points. Field exercises - preparation and submission of project assignment. (2L + 2E)
- Basics of trilateration. Field exercises - preparation and submission of project assignment. (2L + 2E)
- Review of knowledge and skills. (2L + 2E)
Screening student work
- Class attendance - 0.5 ECTS
- Practical training - 1.0 ECTS
- Tests - 0.5 ECTS
- Oral exam - 1.5 ECTS
- Written exam - 1.0 ECTS
- Project - 0.5 ECTS
|1. ||Benčić, D. (2008): Mjerni instrumenti i sustavi u geodeziji i geoinformatici. Školska knjiga, Zagreb.
|2. ||Benčić, D. (1990): Geodetski instrumenti. Školska knjiga, Zagreb.
|3. ||Macarol, S. (1978): Praktična Geodezija. Tehnička knjiga, Zagreb.
|Recommended literature: - - -