|Abbreviation: B12A02||Load: 30(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||prof. dr. sc. Nada Vučetić
To adopt the basic concepts of programming and the ability to design simple programs in the programming language Java for solving mathematical, geodetic and geoinformatics problems.
Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
- Use information technology in solving geodetic and geoinformation tasks.
- Recognise problems and tasks in the application of geodetic and geoinformation principles and methods, and select proper procedures for their solution.
- Communicate the results obtained by means of geodesy and geoinformation to clients and experts of geodetic and other related professions.
- Keep pace with and adopt new technological achievements in the field of surveying, geoinformation systems and services based on the position, and the changes in regulations, norms and standards.
Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course
- Distinguish and apply different types of data storage in a computer.
- Describe and apply the procedures of program design.
- Analyze the given simple mathematical, geodetic and geoinformatics problem and develop an algorithm by using a pseudocode and a flowchart for its solution.
- Use a programming language for the implementation of the algorithm expressed by using pseudocode and flowchart.
- Distinguish simple and complex data types in a programming language.
- Design an application that uses complex data types.
Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
- The objective and the content of the course. The organization of teaching.
- Computer architecture. Data records in the computer: number systems, standards and file formats, recording errors.
- The concept of programming. Definition and basic properties of the algorithm.
- Fundamentals of object oriented programming. Introduction to Java.
- The basic elements of the Java programming language: the names, data types, variables, expressions, statements, blocks (compound statements).
- Built-in mathematical functions in Java. Data input and output using standard devices of a computer.
- Statements for conditional branching in a program.
- The first test.
- Repetition statements.
- Jump statements.
- Introduction to classes.
- Onedimensional and multidimensional arrays.
- Classes to create and manipulate strings (sequences of characters)
- Reading data from a file and writing data to a file.
- The second test.
- The organization of exercises and introducing to tasks.
- Converting a number from one Base to another. Arithmetic expressions.
- Creating algorithms (flowcharts and pseudocodes) to solve simple problems.
- Introduction to Java. Creating the first Java program.
- Solving the problems (flowchart, pseudocode, code in Java) using the basic elements of the Java programming language.
- Problem solving (flowchart, pseudocode, code in Java) using Java built-in mathematical functions.
- Solving the problems (flowchart, pseudocode, code in Java) using statements for conditional branching in the programs.
- Solving of problems (flowchart, pseudocode, code in Java)) from the test.
- Problem solving (flowchart, pseudocode, code in Java) using repetition statements.
- Solving the problems (flowchart, pseudocode, code in Java) using jump statements.
- Creating a class with own methods.
- Solving the problems (flowchart, pseudocode, code in Java) using onedimensional and multidimensional arrays.
- Problems solving (flowchart, pseudocode, code in Java) using strings.
- Reading data from a file and writing data to a file. Problems solving.
- Solving the problems (flowchart, pseudocode, code in Java)) from the test.
Exercises follow the lectures. During exercises, the problems from the area that was explained in the lecture are solved, and it is expected that the student is actively involved in solving these problems.
Screening student work
- Class attendance - 2 ECTS
- Tests - 1.5 ECTS
- Oral exam - 0.5 ECTS
- Written exam - 1 ECTS
|1. ||Chapman, S. J.: Java for Engineers and Scientists, Prentice Hall, 2003.
|2. ||Vučetić, N., Programiranje 1 Javom, Interna skripta, Sveučilište u Zagrebu, Geodetski fakultet, 2010.
|3. ||Vučetić, N., Programiranje, ppt-predavanja u pdf formatu, 2018.
|4. ||Materijali objavljeni na e-učenju.
|5. ||Internetski izvori: