|Abbreviation: B11A06||Load: 15(L)
|Lecturers in charge: ||izv. prof. dr. sc. Robert Župan
doc. dr. sc. Hrvoje Tomić
izv. prof. dr. sc. Almin Đapo
The aim of the course is to provide basic theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of computational geometry and graphics with emphasis on application in engineering sciences, especially in Geodesy and Geoinformatics. Through practical exercises the most popular software is used.
Learning outcomes at the level of the programme to which the course contributes
- Demonstrate competences in theoretical principles, procedures of computing and visualising the surveying data
- Prepare geodetic documents needed to establish and maintain cadastral records and land registry, as well as the documents for engineering works
- Make plans, maps and related presentations using modern methods and technologies on the basis of measured data and other sources
Learning outcomes expected at the level of the course
- Distinguish between raster and vector graphics, concepts of computer-aided shaping (CAD) and GIS (GIS) and color systems in computer graphics
- Develop a vector drawing by default template, edit the raster image in the geometric and radiometric sense and create a two-dimensional drawing and surfaces in CAD-in and load data in geographic information systems (GIS)
- Distinguish file formats for raster and vector graphics, computer aided design (CAD) and geographic information systems (GIS).
- Geometric and topological transform raster and vector data.
- Specify the scale drawings and print-to-scale drawing in the paper.
- Create and analyse surfaces, volumes and profiles in programs for CAD and / or GIS.
Course content broken down in detail by weekly class schedule (syllabus)
- A Brief History of Computer Graphics. Overview of the development of computer graphics in geodesy and geoinformatics.
- Vector and raster graphics. The color systems.
- The concept, features and applications of computer-aided design and design - CAD.
- Coordinate systems. The relative and absolute coordinates. Basic geometric elements in vector graphics.
- Commercial and free software. Application in Geodesy and Geoinformatics.
- Formats of data storage in CAD.
- 2D transformation of raster and vector data. Georeferencing. Creation and editing of topology.
- Extension capabilities of CAD with user applications.
- Interoperability of CAD and GIS systems.
- Introduction of technical standards and regulations for preparation of documentation.
- The basic elements of 3D modelling.
- Surfaces and volumes.
- 3D visualization.
- Consultations, Repetitions and Preparation for Exam
- Introduction to graphical user interfaces and CAD programs.
- Practical work in vector and raster graphics programs.
- Construction and editing of 2D and 3D geometric elements in AutoCAD.
- Georeferencing of raster.
- Translation from raster to vector form.
- The advanced design and editing 2D geometric elements on examples from surveying practice.
- Creating attribute blocks.
- Building topology and editing topological relations.
- Topological analysis. Export data from CAD to the database.
- Basic elements of 3D modelling. Object drawing. Using styles in 3D CAD modelling.
- Preparation for print and scales.
Screening student work
- Class attendance - 0.5 ECTS
- Practical training - 0.5 ECTS
- Tests - 0.5 ECTS
- Oral exam - 1.0
- Written exam - 0.5 ECTS
|1. ||Lučić, M.: AUTOCAD - priručnik za tehničko crtanje na računalu. Naklada Lučić, Tenja 2005.
|2. ||Lapaine, M., Tutić, D.: Osnovni tečaj AutoCAD-a. Rukopis. Geodetski fakultet, Zagreb 2001.
|3. ||Trconić, M.: Tehničko crtanje pomoću računala - AutoCAD 2004. Pentium d.o.o., Vinkovci 2003.
|4. ||Materijali objavljeni na e-učenju.
|5. ||Lee, K.: Principles of CAD/CAM/CAE, Addison Wesley Longman, Reading Massachusettes, 1999.
|6. ||Omura, G.: Mastering AutoCAD 2009 and AutoCAD LT 2009. Sybex, Wiley Publishing Inc. Indianapolis, Indiana 2009.
|7. ||Internetski izvori i sustavi pomoći grafičkih programa.