|Wholesale and Retail Business
|Kratica: ||Opterećenje: 30(P)
|Nositelji: ||prof. dr. sc. Sanda Renko
Description of general and specific competences (knowledge and skills) to be developed by this course:
Expected learning outcomes: 1. obtaining theoretical and practical knowledge in the area of wholesale and retail business; 2. establishing basis for making decisions concerning retail prices, assortment, store layout, service level, etc.; 3. ability to analyze advantages and disadvantages of wholesale and retail companies; 4. ability to analyze actual situation on the market, and to calculate the level of concentration; 5. ability to make the strategy for retail and wholesale company in details; 6. obtaining knowledge about various price calculations, and about price modifications
1. The role of wholesale and retailing in the distribution channel
2. Characteristics of wholesale and retail business
3. Marketing conception of retail business
4. Strategy of distribution channel
5. Strategically planning in the trade
6. Strategically planning and the organisation in the retail business
7. Types of retail businesses
8. Consumers' behaviour in the retail
9. Business process and techniques of wholesale commercial transactions
10. Business process and techniques of retail commercial transactions
|Jezici na kojima se održava nastava: Engleski
|1. ||1.Kotler, P., Lane Keller, K. (2008), Marketing Management, Pearson Edu.Inc., Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, Developing Pricing Strategies and Programs (chapter 14); Designing and Managing Value Networks and Channels (chapter 15); Managing Retailing, Wholesaling and Logistics (chapter 16)
2. Levy, M. & Weitz, B.A. (2011), Retailing Management, McGraw Hill/Irwin, New York.
|2. ||1. Dunne, P.M.., Lusch, R.F.& Griffith, D.A. (2002), Retailing, South-Western, Thomson Learning, SAD.
2. McGoldrick, P. (2002), Retail Marketing, 2ed, McGraw Hill Education, UK.